Thailand is now one of the best holiday destinations, and the island of Phuket is a popular choice for people looking for a relaxing beachside break. The island sits in the Andaman Sea on the west coast, just a short one-hour flight from the capital Bangkok. It is Thailand’s largest island, its most southerly province and features a number of coastal towns where you could base your holiday. Among the best is the picturesque beachside settlement of Karon beach on the southwest corner of the island. This short article will provide you with some welcome information about the best hotels in Karon beach, Thailand.
A Stunning Beachside Location
Karon beach is about a two hour bus or taxi ride from the airport; its superb white sandy beach is well-known to be one of the best on the island. It is also a good base for visiting many of the attractions on the island or on a boat trip to the nearby smaller islands. The accommodation options in the resort are wide-ranging and varied; here are some of your best options.
Hotels At the Top of The Pile
As one of the island’s best locations, Karon beach has a good number of fantastic hotels laden with facilities to make your holiday one to remember; amongst the better examples are –
- Thavorn Palm Beach Resort – this resort hotel sits on twenty-five acres of landscaped grounds and features three swimming pools. Six different restaurants and a world-class spa.
- Mandarava Resort & Spa – this amazing hotel has fantastic, manicured gardens, multiple pools and bars, and fitness and indulgent spa services; its modern rooms all have private balconies and great facilities.
- Access Resort & Villas – this hotel features a unique Venice-styled design and offers five swimming pools and a great spa, and its romantic setting is an excellent choice for couples.
Superb Family Accommodation Choices
Holidaying with your family demands certain requirements in the hotel you stay in that they are fairly specialised and different from those for the single traveller or couples; in Karon beach, the best hotels for families are –
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa – this resort hotel has a superb array of facilities and is situated on seventy-five acres of tropical landscaped gardens; it has five outdoor pools, a kids club and eight dining outlets.
- Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa – situated in central Karon beach in its own tropical gardens, this hotel has its own water park, family rooms and a great choice of different dining options.
You have already made an excellent decision to visit Thailand, and I am sure by choosing to stay in lovely Karon beach, you will have a holiday to remember.